You’re time at Brown has begun! We at AIA-Brown hope to help you during your college journey. Click around our website to learn more about who we are and what we do. This short video and this one also sum it up nicely.
For some perspective as you approach college, check out our letter to prospective athletes, as well as the challenging Open Letter to a College Freshman. And we’ve got tons of awesome resources specifically chosen with the Brown student-athlete in mind.
Questions? Want to get added to our email list to stay up to date with us? Let us know.
Audience of One,
Jarrod Lynn (Brown ’05, M’07)
AIA-Brown Campus Director
There’s a cool opportunity to continue grow in your relationship with God all summer. It’s called Missions Summer, and there’s more info.about it below. Also, check out what AIA International is doing at the World Cup this summer.
Finally, if you’re around Brown this summer, let us know! We’ll get together a few times to connect with each other and with God, as well as have some fun along the way!
Here is the info. to help with asking others to invest in your spiritual growth:
Steps (assuming you have people’s physical address):
1) Make a list of about 30 names w/their contact info., including your home church.
2) Pray for each of these people, and then ask God for them to partner with you prayerfully and financially.
3) Print out copies of Jarrod’s endorsement letter for each person.
4) Write a personal, hand-written note to each person, making sure to thank them for their consideration to partner with you in this opportunity.
5) On the smaller envelopes that people will put their check into, include your mailing address.
6) Address the large envelopes to the people on your list with your address in the
return address and place a stamp on it.
7) Fold the letter in thirds placing the response card, return envelope, and note from you inside the letter, and put it all in the large envelopes.
8) PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, and (ideally) send them out by March 22 (or as soon as possible).
9) One week later, make a follow up phone call to each person, and say, “Hey ______, this is _____. I’m calling about the recent email I sent you about you potentially investing in a ministry opportunity for me. Have you had a chance to look at that yet?
[If yes, then say, “Great. Have you been able to come to a decision about financially partnering with me?” Wait for a response.]
[If no, then say, “Oh, ok no problem. I know you’re busy. Could I check back with you in a couple days?” Wait for a response.’