As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.Proverbs 27:17
Top 10 REASONS not to come to Ironmen & possible RESPONSES to them.
1. "I don't have time." - Did you know that there are 168 hours in a week? That means 1 hour = 0.6% of your time. What's even more crazy is that this single hour could very well be the best and most productive hour of your entire week!
2. "I have to study." - We get it. School is important, and we certainly don't want you to fail a course. But Life Group is a great time for a study break. Plus, you'll still have time to study before and after we get together.
3. "I'm tired." - Rest is important, no doubt. But for this week, can we recommend that you just gut it out and show up--you won't regret it. And then next week, make sure to take get more sleep. It's called planning ahead. :)
4. "I want to watch my favorite show." - We love watching fun shows too. How about you just record it or find it online later...?
5. "I want to watch the game tonight." - Obviously, we love watching sports too--but there are lots of games all season, and we can always catch the highlights on Sportscenter. But you can't do that with Ironmen...
6. "I'm hungry." - Bring food with you. Better yet, bring food for the rest of us too. Plus, we usually snag some food together after we get together.
7. "I don't know anyone." - We totally understand this, but this is one of the main reasons to come to Ironmen. Plus, you probably do know someone that comes, it's just that you haven't been there to see that guy.
8. "I'm not that religious." - Neither are we...sort of. We're learning more about what it means to walk with God, which is mainly about relationship, not necessarily religion. This is not your typical church service or youth group. These are guys like you trying to do this faith, sport, life thing.
9. "I partied too much this weekend." - No judgement here! We've got issues. We've gone too far with the substances, the girls, etc.--this isn't about behavior modification or self-help. It's about knowing God and allowing His Spirit to work in us and through us.
10. "I didn't know where and when you were meeting." - See above, or contact email@example.com.
Just do it.