Come join your fellow Brown athletes for an evening of teaching, discussion, fellowship, and fun. You’ll learn more about AIA and what it means to honor God in sport and life.
There are no pre-req’s for attending, religious or not, athletic or not…no matter whether you’re a current athlete, former athlete, club athlete, or wanna be athlete…all are welcome.
Watch this short video and you’ll see that it’s a relaxing, informal time to connect with other students and pursue truth and life together–come join us! There are new faces every week, and most likely you’ll already know a few people there.
Spring 2019 Schedule
- Jan. 23rd: “Body by God: Intro” w/Jarrod (AIA Director, Brown ’05, ScM’07, Football, Ultimate Frisbee)
- Jan. 30th: “Mission of God” with Reid Monaghan (UNC Wrestler, former AIA Staff at VTECH, church planter, ministry speaker/trainer)
- Feb. 6th: “Body by God: Part 1” with Jarrod (AIA Director, Brown ’05, ScM’07, Football, Ultimate Frisbee)
- Feb. 13th: “Striving for God” with local pastor Kevin McKay
- Feb. 20th: TBD (Isaac Whitney, Brown ’18, Football)
- Feb. 27th: “Body by God: Part 2” with Jarrod (AIA Director, Brown ’05, ScM’07, Football, Ultimate Frisbee)
- Mar. 6th: “Lead with God” with E2Forum panel
- Mar. 13th: “Science and God” with RZIM Fellows
- Mar. 20th: “Changed by God” with Ian (Bryant College alum, football)
- Mar. 27th: Spring Break–Puerto Rico!
- April 3rd: “The Rest of God” with Elizabeth Achilles (professional counselor)
- April 10th: Seniors ’19
- April 17th: Seniors ’19
- April 24th: Senior Send-off Celebration! Dinner & Dessert @Lynn’s home
- May 1: Open Leadership Meeting (all are welcome to attend) 8-9pm
- May 25: Alumni breakfast at the Lynn’s Home
Fall 2018 Schedule
- Sept. 12: “In Deo Speramus, Pro Deo Ludimus” w/Jarrod (AIA Director, Brown ’05, ScM’07, Football, Ultimate Frisbee)
- Sept. 19: “Audience Of One” w/Jarrod (AIA Director, Brown ’05, ScM’07, Football, Ultimate Frisbee)
- Sept 26: “Stress, Sport, and Spirit” w/Elizabeth Achilles (Licensed Therapist, AIA Volunteer, XC/Track & Field)
- Oct. 3: “Golf & God” w/Andy Elseman (Univ. of North Carolina). Also, guest interview w/Christ Cubra (Brown ’16, Enginering, Track & Field)
- Oct. 10: “It’s Not How You Start. It’s How You Finish.” (William Green, former NFL running Back, All-American at Boston College)
- Oct. 17: “Olympics are too small for you.” Christa Dietzen, London 2012 Olympic Silver Medalist, FIVB World Champion and is a current captain of US Women’s National Indoor Volleyball Team.
- Oct. 24: “Faith, Finance, Family, and Football: Part 1 of 2” w/George Reilly (Brown ’87, Football)
- Also, we’ll hear briefly from Femi, currently on the New England Revolution soccer team.
- Oct. 31st: Pumpkin Carving Competition!
- Nov. 7: “My Story” (Baseball Coach Grant Achilles)
- Nov. 14: “Faith, Finance, Family, and Football: Part 2 of 2” w/Isaac Whitney (Brown ’18, Football)
- Nov. 28: “Wrestling With God” w/Jack Twomney-Kozack (Brown ’17, Wrestling)
- Dec. 5: Graham Cracker Building Competition! Guest speaker and judge, Tori Kinamon (Brown ’17, Gymnastics)
- Dec. 12: AIA Xmas Party at Achilles’ House (307 Hope St)