…as well as lust and pornography…and God’s better plan…
PERSPECTIVE and PURPOSE
Sex and the Supremacy of Christ – “Another Christian book on sex? This is so much more. We don’t need another book on how not to look at the girl in the miniskirt. We’ve read that. We don’t need another bedroom guide with chapter titles containing the word “hot.” Basically, we don’t need another book on sex that’s all about us. We need to have our gaze lifted. We need to consider the God who made us sexual creatures for his glory. This book will help you form a Christ-centered, Bible-shaped understanding of sex. This is something
we all need.” [A review by JOSHUA HARRIS, author, Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is)]
- What’s the purpose of Sex? — By Tim Challies
- Sexual Morality in a Christlless World by Matthew Rueger.
- This Is the Will of God by John Piper.
- “How wide the divide: sexuality at the forefront, culture at the crossroads” by author, speaker, apologist Ravi Zacharias. Profound and piercing, and the perspective we need.
- “The real root of sexual sin” article by Jon Bloom
- Covenant Eyes – “I have made a covenant with my eyes.” – Job 31:1
- XXX Church – Porn addiction recovery: essential tips for awareness, prevention and recovery
BATTLING the BROKENNESS
- “Self-Control” is essential.
- Lust Free Living – “Our goal is to teach men and women to fight spiritually for purity so that they may freely serve God.”
- Battling the Unbelief of Lust – a talk by John Piper
- 9 Ways to Fight the Temptation of Pornography
- Your Brain on Porn – a short ebook describing 5 proven ways porn warps your mind and 3 biblical ways to renew it
UNDERSTANDING the SITUATION
- Genesis Process: a biblical and neuro-chemical understanding of what is broken that causes to be self-destructive.
- How Pornography Harms by Dr. John Foubert, “The Porn Circuit: The Science of Porn Use”
- Porn Addiction in America – Selling sex is one of the oldest businesses in the world, and right now, business has never been better. In fact, many of the largest, well-known companies are actively promoting pornography. And check out these findings from a 2016 survey–these trends are not good.
- How long have you been looking at porn? This full-blown addiction to porn is spreading from computer and TV screens across America to homes, families, and marriages across the country at a dangerous space. Check out the latest stats on teens and porn.
- 7 Negative Effects of Porn – This is rather a blunt post on porn. So, proceed–or not–with caution…
- Porn-again Christian – A frank discussion on pornography and masturbation.
- Growing Up in a Porn-Saturated World. It’s way different now than it was just a generation ago.
- Porn-free Church – An ebook detailing the devastating impact of pornography as well as how to battle back from this growing epidemic.
- “With the advent of Internet technology, with its near universal reach and its promise secrecy, pornography has been weaponized…Internet pornography, after all, is downstream from a view of human sexuality that is self-focused and fruitless.” Read the rest of the article here, titled “What’s at Stake with Internet Pornography”